5 Tips for Having a Healthy Pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting phases of a woman’s life. However, first-time mothers may have many questions regarding gestation. Some women are also more anxious with the news of this period that generates several changes in the body.
Will I be able to lose weight later? Do I have to eat a lot? Can I do physical exercises? It is only some doubts that the pregnant women have during the pregnancy.
With that in mind, I have selected 6 tips for a healthy pregnancy that will help you a lot in this period.
1. Beware of Vaccines: Every woman needs to go to the gynecologist once a year to get a Pap smear. In addition, to avoid problems it is imperative to take all the necessary vaccines before pregnancy (mainly against rubella and hepatitis B). In this way it is possible to avoid complications during pregnancy.
Get prenatal and all exams: One of the tips for a healthy pregnancy is to follow prenatal care to avoid complications. This is very important because the probability of a child being born prematurely without prenatal care is 40% to 5% when the woman is following up with the doctor. In addition, the pregnant woman also needs to perform routine tests that are essential every trimester of gestation.
2. Control weight: Even during pregnancy, women should not let worry about the side scale to avoid complications during pregnancy. So if you are already pregnant or want to stay, if you have excess fat you need to make an effort to lose weight. Who is also underweight also needs to do a healthy diet to increase muscle mass.
However, it is worth remembering that as the belly grows, the hands of the scale also begin to increase. But to avoid risk, you must be careful, since the ideal is to gain weight from 9 to 15 kg, throughout the pregnancy. You need to be careful not to exceed your doctor’s recommended weight, because after the baby is born it becomes harder to lose those extra pounds and you can still develop health problems such as increased blood pressure and infections.
3. Maintain a healthy diet: There are not many dietary restrictions for pregnant women. However, to follow the tips for a healthy pregnancy you need to consume more foods rich in more protein, iron and calcium, in addition to avoiding fat. That is, the ideal is to maintain a balanced diet throughout the gestation. In addition, it is also recommended to eat more foods rich in folic acid (vitamin B9), because this vitamin reduces the chances of the baby having neurological problems.
4. Practice physical activity: Practicing physical activity in pregnancy is also very important to keep your health on track. However, not all activities are indicated for pregnant women, so it is best to seek the guidance of the doctor before practicing any physical exercise.
5. Cigarette, alcohol, and caffeine care: Among the tips for a healthy pregnancy is to be careful about drinking alcohol at this stage to avoid problems. Although a glass of wine or a chop from time to time is not considered an abuse, there is a quantity considered safe. Coffee should be consumed in moderation, at most two cups a day, because too much caffeine may increase the possibility of miscarriage.